1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new solo bass video featuring The Ritter Supernova

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Aram Bedrosian, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Hey Everone!!

I just posted a new video on youtube of a solo piece I'm working on and I would be honored if you would check it out. It features a new bass Jens Ritter just made for me outfitted with piezos and an RMC polydrive system. For solo pieces, it's awesome because you can treat each string discretely. Take care!!

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Really cool!

And damn I want to try a Ritter!

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Great video and fantastic bass!

4. Beepo

Beepo

Sep 23, 2008
    Oslo, Norway
    Cool piece, man!
    How do you tune your bass? And what are the special features of the Supernova compared to a normal Ritter?

5. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Thanks Everyone!

To answer your questions Beepo. I do use alternate tunings but not on this piece... it's just E A D G.

Compared to standard Ritter Classic models, the Supernova has a deeper cutaway so it's very easy to get all the way up to the 24th fret, special string spacing and neck width, it has green side LEDs (and also has an Abalone and MOP inlay on the 12th fret of the fingerboard which also lights up via green LEDs), it has RMC piezo saddles, a polydrive system and a 13 pin output which carries separate string signals to any unit that accepts 13-pin cables... also most Ritters either have the jack on the back or front of the body and the Supernova has both 1/4 inch and 13-pin outputs inlayed into the body on the side. It has a 1 piece solid Burl Maple body which is also an uncommon feature.

It took a lot of development and was really made for solo playing. Jens is a wonderful person and it was a joy to work with him. Because of the separate string capability, I can keep the E and A low and raise the D and G strings an octave or anything like that with the right unit... it's very exciting!

you can see a pic and read about the features here:

http://arambedrosian.com/index.php?page=supernovahome

Thanks so much and please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

rock on!

Aram

6. kcolyar

kcolyar

Feb 28, 2007
    Moab, Ut 84532
    Nice piece , killer tone. Are you using a looper or is it something in the vb99 unit? I really like the song.

7. Zander4724

Zander4724

Mar 20, 2008
    UK
    Awesome stuff, man! That bass sounds and looks brilliant.

8. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Thanks so much guys... That means a lot coming from you Zander!

Hey Kcolyar,

nope... no loops. To be honest, I've never been any good with them so I don't use em. :)

rock on!!

Aram

9. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I can't see the vid. Why does youtube say that the video is set to "private"? Do I need to change any settings in my account or something?

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  11. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Thanks James. Adam, that bass sounds so good - well I guess I should say YOU make that bass sound really good. Awesome stuff man

12. StanSzymanskiJr

StanSzymanskiJr

Jun 1, 2009
  13. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Very nice Aram. I'm anxious to check out your other work. Do you think you could come down to just north of Providence on June 28th for our GTG?

14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
  15. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Thanks so much Everyone! My apologies... I ended up taking down the vid I opened the thread with but I'm glad some of you made your way to the clip of "Thumpty Dumpty" on my website. That is my original Ritter Bass in that one...I really appreciate all of your feedback!

That "Thumpty" vid will appear on a DVD I'm now putting together with other performances from that same concert as well as other performances of songs from my solo album. I am editing right now and will be adding more clips with my new Ritter to the site soon.

oh... Very nice work Stan!! Very pretty chord progressions and awesome technique. I really like your melodic phrasing as well!!

Thanks again!

Aram

16. bloodshot sun

bloodshot sun

Nov 21, 2011
    aram i am loving your work ..you've achieved a sound i dreamed of doing .... safe to say you are my bass idol from now on because you are an embodiment of all i want to hear in a bass track ...where can i find a ritter supernova?

17. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    What's the best power conditioner for the money???

18. Zander4724

Zander4724

Mar 20, 2008
    UK
    Hey guys,

Check out this new video by Aram - it's a great composition and sounds amazing. And it sounds incredible with headphones because you can hear all the cool panning/effects work he does.

Cheers,

Zander