New Squier Jazz Bass Deluxe 5 String... Pics Inside...Review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lostrings, Feb 23, 2007.

1. The bass arrived this afternoon and what a surprise...Olympic White with a matching headstock, No Pickguard, Ebonal fingerboard, 4over1 tuner layout, 3 band eq with a slap switch, 19mm string spacing. The setup out of the box was to my surprise...very decent. I have not plugged it in yet, but I'll get up a review very soon. Here are the pics:

2007SquireJazzDeluxe5String007.jpg

2007SquireJazzDeluxe5String003.jpg

2007SquireJazzDeluxe5String006.jpg

2007SquireJazzDeluxe5String002.jpg

2007SquireJazzDeluxe5String001.jpg

2. Robear22

Robear22

Sep 28, 2004
    Zion, Ill
    That bass is hot!!!!:eek: :D

How much did it cost and where did you get it from?

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah. I wanna know too. I also want to know how the B-string sounds.

4. You won't believe this...$299.00 delivered from Musicians Friend. It also comes in black with a matching headstock and 3 tone sunburst with a natural headstock.

5. iamchipsmith

iamchipsmith

Dec 15, 2006
    wow squire seems to be stepping it up

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i saw those in the new bassplayer...very nice price for an active 5 string jazzer...pretty classy looking too.

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Tempting. I want a 5er. I still want to know how the B sounds.

8. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Which new bassplayer? (Cover story)

9. iamchipsmith

iamchipsmith

Dec 15, 2006
    i think the pickups might be for 4 string, so a change might improve the sound drastically

10. From what I can tell so far it is very tight. Like I said earlier, the setup out of the box is not bad but I will tweek it and I also love the wide string spacing....Very Cool.

11. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Wide spacing? What's a regular 5-string spacing? I hope to read a review when I wake up tomorrow morning. :D

12. Yeah. Subscribed. I'm seriously thinking of the all black one. I really liked the B w/the Precision Deluxe 5 + the string spacing (rare for many of the 34 inch "jazzers" I've tried). This seems like the same thing with a Jazz body (finally). Let us know about the 'lectronics, too. I'll stay tuned...

13. TheApostlePaul

TheApostlePaul

Dec 20, 2006
    Holy cow that is sweet!

It is almost as nice as my Squier Jazz. :D

14. Damn that looks nice. The last thing I need is another bass, and I don't even like Fender fivers, but the looks on this one alone might be enough to justify a purchase.

15. That thing is sexy, although I would toss a tort guard on.

lowsound

16. That is a sharp-looking instrument!

Ebonol looks so :cool:

Waiting for the review.

Mike

17. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Waiting for the review. I'm up and it's not here. :meh:

18. koentje_bassist

koentje_bassist

Jun 24, 2006
    Belgium
    There's something wrong with the headstock. It looks like the holes of the peg winders are not in line with the border. The B-string also needs a little bow. And the tiny little metal plate that keeps the strings down, is just to long. Imagine that you brake your A-string. You always have to take the whole string under that plate. When you snap your D-string, it looks like you will have to do the same 'cause the G is blocking it. (on fender basses, there are 2 plates that will do the same)
    Except for that, it's a nice bass for a squier. Not my cup of tea (like the '70 vintage reissue squier!!).

(damn, it's difficult to say my feelings about this headstock in english, sorry for the inappropriate language-spelling and explaining)

19. It is in the February 2007 with Bx3 on the cover. It is on page 23. I will do a review shortly on the bass....Gene.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021