Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New SUV !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FenderBender, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Long story short, As some of you know I have been having a boatload of problems with a herniated disk, with pain resolving down my left leg wich left me on crutches for 3 months!!!!!!

Any way, I could hardly shift my beloved Evo VIII that I had modded to 400bhp and was deep in the 11's in my 1/4 mile runs, and ready to break into the 10's. (not to shabby for a daily driver) I'm also 6'3" 275 so getting in and out was killing my back!!!!

So I bit the bullet and sold the evo, for a major loss :crying:

Just came home with an 05 tahoe z71 :hyper: , Its no sports car but boy is it comfy!!!! I love it. Just a couple of simple mods this time to get a little more speed.

Man is my back and leg happy..... not to mention how easy its going to be to haul all my gear around now! Hey I could even get another 4x10 cab and still have lots of room to spare :D

Just thought I'd share the good news

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats, you now qualify to be berated by the SUV haters lead by our very own Bad Brains!

Now you have a REAL challenge though...mod the Z71 to run 11s!

brad cook

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Get something new and no pics. Thread death.

4. I'm not a big SUV fan (I like sedans), but those Tahoes are pretty nice. I will also be impressed if you can do an 11-second quarter mile in that. Please do.

5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Congrats!

I'm glad to hear its comfortable. It's probably better for the back. Plus you need the room for your gear.

6. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No pics = you're lying.

:D

-Mike

8. I love Tahoes! Very cool! Pics!

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan

Hey i'm down for being the president of the SUV haters club! :hyper:

But this guy dosn't apply, he sounds like he needs this vehicle for certain reasons. He falls within the lines of our Constitution.

10. Believe me, he does! I'm 6'5" and trying to get in and out of small vehicles is a pain in the butt! I have a Bravada and even though it's an SUV, it's a smaller one and sometimes even it gets annoying. My next vehicle will be a full size SUV or truck for sure.

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Yeah. I'm almost 6'4, and even though I'm young and only weigh 175 pounds, smaller vehicles KILL me to get in and out of, and it's especially hard on my knees. I like big vehicles just because it's easier to get in and out of, and they're INFINITELY more comfortable than the majority of cars, save the luxury sedans.

12. I completely agree. Shorter people just don't understand. ;)

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    6'2", 250 here.

Found the killer compromise between comfort, gear haulin' room, and good gas mileage.

Laugh all you want, but drive it and you'll see the light: Honda Element

No, it's not fast, it's not sexy, but it's got more headroom than any other vehicle I've ever been in (my mom has an '04 Tahoe, it's not even CLOSE for interior room), and it does the job.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Ever been in a Scion xB?

15. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Not sexy is an understatement, but I'm sure it drives nice.

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, tiny thing. I could fit one INSIDE my Element.

:spit:

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Ever looked at the Scion xB?

:D

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

But darned near as much headroom as your Element, and more legroom in the back seat.

I was so impressed with the space in the xB, that I almost bought one.

I know the Element is even roomier up front and behind the back seat.

19. So very true. Try imagining how it is to have to get in or out of a nissan micra... had to do that for a while

20. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Those remind me of a pair of shoes I once owned. :D