1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New (to me) EUB Day with some frustration

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by OriginalSnub, Aug 27, 2012.

1. OriginalSnub

OriginalSnub

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    So the used BSX Allegro I bought showed up via fedex today, but there is one problem for me.
    The neck was detached for shipping and I'm not sure how to re-install the strings on the posts.
    The posts look different than what you would find on a double bass, so I'm not sure how to proceed.
    Any help would be appreciated because I really would like to make sure everything is working properly.

Thanks

2. sensei_steve

sensei_steve Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Reisterstown, MD
    Call Dino at bsx. He probly made your bass. He can talk you thru it and can probly tell you some of your bass's history. Google bsx for the number if you need to. I bought mine new from bsx. Bsx ships new basses that way, its a feature.

3. bobsax

bobsax

Jan 16, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Same thing happened to me. The D and G strings seem to be the same size. The d is the yellow one and the G is the red.
    The other two or three are all different sizes so it's easy to place them.
    Here is a video I made of it.

4. That video should get you there, but if not, yeah call Dino. If you can't visually tell the difference in the strings, do you have calipers or a decent ruler around?