1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New To The Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Bryan88, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bryan88

Bryan88

Dec 7, 2017
    Los Molinos, CA
    Hey all,
    Glad to find this place. I played bass a couple decades ago (jammed some with a highschool band who taught me and let me play with them).
    Ive missed it ever since and am pulling the trigger on a basic starters bass (not sure what yet). Just here to read up and learn. Thanks for having me!

2. Any of the starter kits will get you going. The guitar will be OK for several years, it'll do what you ask of it for quite some time. You'll want to up-grade the amp when you start gigging out, but, until then the amp that comes in the kit is all you need at home. Get an electric tuner, they are now in the $10 range and at that price everyone should have at least one.

I recommend Bass Guitar for Dummies as a starter "how to book". Get the spiral bound version so it will lay flat on your music stand, or take it to a print shop and have them make a spiral backing for you. Yes a music stand will come in handy. While at it get a bass stand so you can leave your bass out - ready to play when ever you are.

And ask questions on the forum, someone will answer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Bryan88 likes this.