1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New ultimate soft bass case by Carvin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by datsaxguy, Nov 1, 2013.

1. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    I was doing some research on the best soft cases out there. I have read all the pertinent threads on talkbass but this video got my attention.
    If anybody buys one please post your findings.

http://youtu.be/MUioz6_OtPM

2. Cool. Be interested to hear your views

3. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Pretty nice casses. I had posted a thread on these last week.

4. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Impressive case, but once again too narrow for my Alembic Spoiler, which is 14.5".
    I wonder how this case compares to the Gator GL (also too narrow at the lower bout).
    I bought the Gator case and returned it due to width issue. I'll be ordering an Access Stage 3
    this week.

5. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Saw the thread but I'm still looking for info from somebody who actually has one.

6. Looks nice, but pretty expensive (for what it is). It's almost twice the price of my Gator polyfoam case which gives very similar protection (but is rectangular like a conventional case). The Gator isn't quite as small and handy to carry through hallways and stairwells, but it's just about as light.

7. PaulieBe

PaulieBe

Jun 25, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Do they make one that doesn't say Carvin on it?

Pretty interesting, maybe a good choice for the inevitable gate-check.

8. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    That was my thought, the slimmer the less likely for a gate check

9. They had one at the Carvin booth at NAMM. After checking it out, I am going to order one. Frank