1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New years resolution.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by finfrocka, Jan 14, 2012.

1. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    San Diego
    Well TB'ers tomorrow marks the first day of my new years resolution. Quitting chewing tobacco!! Decided enough was enough and I'm very ready to quit. I have no idea why I'm sharing this but wish me luck guys lol.

2. Good Luck.
    Mine was quitting smoking. But I started mine on New Years Eve. 14 days now. First couple sucked. Pretty good now though.
    Stick with it.

3. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I suggest not to stop in the middle of the day. For me it was a lot harder to quit if I already had that first dip in the morning. Just wake up and keep yourself busy. Good luck.

4. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Good luck. I quit smoking 3 years ago and used chew to do it and then had to quit that a year later. It got better quick for me, seemed like the first 2 or 3 days were the worst.

5. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    San Diego
    Thanks guys. I'm using nicotine lozenges to ease cravings. It's actually going pretty smoothly. Thanks for the support.

6. My addiction was cigarettes. First couple days were awful. First 3 weeks in general were not fun.

Been 4 months now and I don't even think about them anymore, and I'm generally disgusted by then and the fact that I smoked for so long.

Best of luck to you, absolute best thing you can possibly do for your health.