1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Funky Fretless, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Funky Fretless

Funky Fretless

Aug 3, 2012
    Hey guys! I thought I'd take a sec to introduce myself. I've been playing music all my life. I listen to everything from Motorhead to Raul Midon. I am primarily a guitar player. I have two kids and things were kind of tight so piece by piece I sold my gear. I recently hooked up with a co-worker who loves music also and we jam and record in his basement studio with his gear. This is how I stumbled on to the love of the bottom end (although I always have been an ass man). Being that he was a guitar player also I opted to try some thumpin. Needless to say things are not as tight now and I got a Squire VM fretless coming this week. I love the sound of the fretless and I think with my previous lead experience, I have an advantage at progressing a little faster. I'm so excited to be pursuing a new musical venture:hyper:. The only question is, do I have to trade in my Hendrix t-shirts for Jaco t-shirts?:)