Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nick of QOTSA...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Has been kicked out of the band.

I heard he got kicked out for "partying too hard".

I don't know if anyone else heard this, or knows how to spell his last name.

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Didn't hear that although I wouldn't be shocked if that ended up being the case. All I heard was that he left the band along with the new drummer. Whatever the deal is, it must be really serious. Nick was one of the main reasons that I liked QOTSA.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think some serious investigation is in order.

Nick was one of the only real members with the guitarist being the other one. Everyone else was just in and out.

Six Shooter, and Millionaire were two of my favorites. :bawl:

Peace
    Nick

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If he's out I'd say Queens is done. Like you said, Josh and Nick were the only real members. So half of the band gone, that can't go on. (Looks at the Who and sighs)

I don't know if I believe this. Considering they are called Stoner Rock, getting kicked out for partying to hard doesn't sound reasonable.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive heard them say that they dont like the title.

They make it a point that they are not big time drug users and dont use drugs to/when writing.

Peace
    Nick

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Nick Oliveri is a bad man, he needs to keep his pants on though. If he's gone that band is finished, I really like his playing. No one knows is a great tune he has some silly little runs in there that are giving me fits.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Let the dude lose his pants if he wants!

Peace
    Nick

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  9. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Let's hope it was a lie. I think that Josh Homme would continue without him anyway. QOTSA is just the natural evolution in Josh's career after Kyuss disbanded. Nick Oliveri was only one of the bassists back then, but not on what I consider to be their best work. Josh writes all the tunes, and the best ones are when he sings anyway, so it's all good. But Nick is great, so hopefully it is a lie.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im pretty sure Nick wrote a lot of the really heavy ones.

Millionare and Six Shooter come to mind imediately.

Peace
    Nick

11. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    He also sings quite a bit

12. thier song "No One Knows" is so overplayed and annoying. :rolleyes:

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah I figured. Usually people who are really good at "Stoner Rock" or "Psycadellic (sp?) Rock" don't use drugs/don't use drugs while writing. If they do, they usually just play one note and let it ring out for seven minutes. ;)

14. Uh, take a look at the forum's. It sure sounds like he was kicked out/leaving/whatever.

15. imonfire,dude

imonfire,dude

Jan 22, 2004
    you obviously don't listen to enough stoner metal :p

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I heard this Stoner Metal band but I didn't know there name. They sounded fantastic. Very thick sounding which is the cool thing about Stoner Metal, screaming singer which fit pretty well. But every song started out with a little snippit from a movie or something about pot. It became annoying. But when the music kicked in, I was like... ohhhh yeah. :cool:

17. imonfire,dude

imonfire,dude

Jan 22, 2004
    probably bongzilla :p check out eyehategod and iron monkey :)

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, greatest stoner metal band name ever. :p

19. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    How come Nick doesn't play bass on the first album yet is in the artwork?

20. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal