1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOGUERA 5 (YC model)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Oct 19, 2010.

1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Mint Noguera 5.

- Ash body
    - One piece maple neck (back of neck) with maple board
    - 34 scale
    - Birdseye maple top and headstock veneer
    - Noguera single coil pups in the 70s position
    - Noguera propietary pre with bass and treble cut and boost, master tone, volume, pan, active/passive.
    - Badass bridge
    - Durable poly finish.
    - Hand made in France by Christian Noguera

These basses are great and have been well known in France and Europe for a long time. Etienne Mbappe and Dominique Di Piazza are two of many who have recorded and toured with these basses. The bass sounds very "Marcus" but with a great finger tone also , lots of fundamental and a very musical high- end. She plays great too with a comfortable fast neck and low action.

Nogueras are under valued IMO in comparison with similar other brands, so this is a really good opportunity if you want a killer Jazz.

$2000 US plus shipping (shipping from Canada is a bit higher than from within the US). Comes with hardshell case.

Thanks for looking!~

Attached Files:

• n.jpg
      n.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
    • nog.jpg
      nog.jpg
      File size:
      25.2 KB
      Views:
  2. This bass rises again only to taunt me :(

3. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    These pictures are also on Noguera's website.

Attached Files:

• no.jpg
      no.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
    • nogu.jpg
      nogu.jpg
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:
  4. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Try it..you'll like it!

;)

5. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Is this only for sale?

thanks,

Fred

6. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Trades..

7. I'll trade anything in my sig :D!

8. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Me too...

9. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Hey guys, I'm really looking to sell outright, at least for now.

Its a great bass and great value to boot.

The only thing I would be curious about would be a Metro at this value...but again not really looking for anything to trade for.

10. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    PMs replied

11. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Bump for a hot looking bass and a super great guy!

12. +1 and then some

Fortunately for TB, I cannot seem to get the cabbage together to secure this bass from Mitch otherwise you would never have known it even existed. My loss is definitely your gain in this instance. If more people knew about how great this bass is it would have been sold ages ago.:crying:

Noguera is one of the best kept secrets in the bass world. Exceptional build quality and the tone and playability that you only get from a world class instrument like this. The dynamic response of the bass is astounding as well, it almost plays itself. Not to mention, Mitch's expertise in all things bass ensures that this bass is at the top of it's game, there are no shortcuts or exceptions with this instrument.

Now about the tone, it's the 70s j-bass tone, except it's fatter, more clear and deeper. This bass has a bottom end like no other boutique j and the only thing that bellies it's killer tone is the playability, in plain english it's just plain ridiculous. Possibly even bordering on stupid. Case in point, I recently bought a Fender Marcus Miller 5, however it was short lived and subsequently returned immediately as the memory of the Noguera illuminated the expensive Fender's many, many short comings. In short there was no comparison, the Noguera destroyed it on all fronts, sorry Fender.......

Also, good luck trying to buy a bass from a better person, you simply cannot.

I have a few clips posted at my MySpace page that feature this bass, check out the tracks "The Noguera Experience", "Hurts So Much" and "Working Man" if anyone would like to hear a few recordings I did with this amazing bass, thanks again Mitch!

http://www.myspace.com/paultheriault

Step up to one of the few boutique j-basses that actually delivers. It's not very likely that you'll see a Noguera priced this low ever again.

Cheers,
    Paul

13. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Hey thanks Yohann!

14. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Thanks for the nice words Paul, and I concur with your review of the bass too.

I'm always on the fence with this one, but I've had to reduce my stable in the last while to make some room for things coming up and to pay some bills.

Too bad you cant pick it up...you and that bass are a really good fit :)

15. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    PMs replied.

16. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump

17. Bumping so that someone may buy this if I don't!

Sidenote: I've always wondered since I started playing bass, exactly how is "Noguera" pronounced? Noh-ge-ra? Noh-goo-e-ra?

18. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Its Noh -ge- ra !

19. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump

20. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump

Some trade offers but again I'm really looking for cash.

The only bass I may be open to would be a Metro right now.