1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noiseless 3 Jazz pickups sometimes noisy - looking for alternatives

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassManLou, May 27, 2018.

1. Cerio

Cerio

Apr 7, 2006
    Spain
    I have exactly the same problem on my 2015 American Deluxe Jazz, and it's driving me crazy. :banghead:
    I'm thinking on replacing the stock pickups (which I love) for some Aguilar, but I'm afraid that maybe changing the pickups don't drive the problem.

Did you get any solution?

2. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    With certain electrical issues, no bass is completely silent. I have a dimmer switch at home, which will make all of my basses buzz. Those venues may just be death incarnate.

That said, the pre-amps on those American deluxe are known to be noisy.

And IMO, the N3 pickups are pretty bland, tonally. But if you like em, cool. I would tear out that pre and go true passive, or try a Nordstrand pre or something.

somebrains likes this.
  3. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Somewhere
    My only suggestion, to anyone who can't deal with noise, is just get a quality EMG set. That's all, really. The internal preamps are incredibly quiet (and designed to be) and the pickups typically provide a plethora of high end, so that even if you need to boost high end for some reason, it'll be quiet because there's plenty of them to boost, and the noise floor is pushed down tremendously.

4. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    I've had older versions of that preamp, you would change the ICs on it to quiet it down.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021