1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noll or Puretone barrel jack? (a/o/t Switchcraft)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PlayItAway, Jul 11, 2020.

1. PlayItAway

PlayItAway

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm looking to buy a replacement for the cheap barrel jack in one of my basses.
    (I know, the old style design is best, but I'm looking to do as much work myself as possible and don't trust myself with a Dremel.)

Switchcraft seems like the standard upgrade choice, but I haven't heard much about the other brands available on BBG - namely Noll and Puretone. How do they measure up?

Puretone claims to eliminate the crackle associated with pressure grounds or something to that effect. Not sure if the other brands do that as well.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Normally one brand of a product is consistently recommended above others for one of two reasons; superior marketing or a superior product. Superior marketing doesn't hold up for too long because the hyperbole is discovered and discounted (unless of course they manage to kill the competition prior to the discovery [think betamax/vhs].)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020