1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

non ferrous strings and effects/non-magnetic pickups?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bjazzman, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    so right now im using corelli strings and a schaller magnetic pickup to play through my effects. the sound is ok but i found some strings that i prefer the feel of called innovation super silvers

they feel great but since they're non-ferrous, i can't use the schaller pickup with them. which pickup would you recommend in this case and would i need some sort of preamp?

i think someone recommended a full circle but to get the right one. how would i know which one is best for this?

thanks!

2. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I think a wing pickup might be better. I don't use the Fishman Full Circle though I've played rented basses with them and heard other people. It has a pretty natural tone but it wing pickups have a tone more like a magnetic if that's what you want. Bassmax, Revolution Solo, Underwood, etc