1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nordstrand Nordy VP5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KJung, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    I'm an old TBer who retired from gigging a few years ago. I kept my favorite bass to noodle on, but really don't play much anymore. A recent hand injury (broken bones) put an end to even noodling around. So, I'm selling my beloved Nordy VP5. It is in 'as new' shape. Carey Nordstrand built this for me a number of years ago.

Specs:

- Sonic blue poly with gloss poly neck finish
    - Ash body, maple one piece neck
    - Very lightweight.... around 8 pounds
    - Dual use strap locks
    - Passive with the standard Nordstrand 5 string P pickup
    - Full 19 string spacing and standard nut width for the VP5
    - 34" scale

This bass has a relatively chunky, big feeling P neck (again, standard VP5 neck spec). Given the Nordy P pickup and the light weight, along with the gloss poly maple neck, it has a very open, warm tone, with plenty of snap up top. It really isn't an 'old school' P bass tone, but reminds me more of a PJ configuration. Still sounds 'like a P', but with more open low end and a sweeter top end. It is strung with 45-125 Dunlop Nickel round wounds, which sound GREAT and really reinforce the 'modern P' vibe of the instrument. They last forever. Great 'Grooving' bass with a wonderful balance and light weight that makes it a joy to play on the gig.

BONUS: I am including my complete gigging and maintenance accessory items with this sale (picture below:

- 4 new sets of the Dunlops (they last forever, so pretty much a lifetime supply!
    - IMO the best tuner on the market.... the Sonic research Turbo Tuner. It is a true electronic strobe tuner (accurate enough for doing intonation). It takes away nothing from the sound when it is inline, and auto mutes with the footswith. GREAT tuner
    - Kinal maple string winder (similar to those cheap plastic ones, with the main difference that it works)!
    - 3 George L cables (a 6' and 12' for putting the tuner inline, and a spare 12') These are among the lowest capacitance cables, which make them perfect for a passive bass. Minor issue, but they take VERY little off the top end of the signal, and take very little room in the gig bag
    - Comfort strap with strap locks installed. I'm pretty small, so might not work for you. If that is the case, you can just transfer the strap locks (if you want to use them) to you favorite strap
    - Tool kit

The bass will ship in a very nice Protec hybrid bag (also in very good to perfect shape)

I will have the bass packed at my very good UPS store here in Sheboygan. Shipping included in price within the lower 48 US. NO INTERNATIONAL SALES.

I am old school, and prefer a personal check for payment. Given the shipping and the pretty extensive and expensive accessory bundle, price is firm. I think this is a very good deal!

113_1381.JPG 113_1382.JPG 113_1383.JPG 113_1384.JPG 113_1385.JPG

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    vates, speyer, ElMon and 4 others like this.
  2. Accessories:

Nordy Accessories.JPG

3. Hello to all my TB buddies who happen upon this thread!

kobass, gkbass13, ElMon and 3 others like this.
  4. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    KJung Man we so miss you! If I had the stash knowing what you know I'll be all over this!
    GLWTS!

KJung likes this.
  5. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
  6. Eugene.thomas87

Eugene.thomas87

Nov 20, 2008
    KY
    Wow, if only...

7. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I figured, and thanks! Sorry to hear about your hand. I had a couple of operations on one of mine, and while it doesn't work as it did, i just forged ahead and made it work. No trouble now (except my middle finger sticks out occasionally; no kidding there. Maybe it has a mind of its own, ala Dr Strangelove).

8. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    wow, just wow!!!

9. tlvernon

tlvernon

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    I’ll take it.

I’m having trouble pm’ing you. Can you try reaching out to me.

10. PM coming.

11. RHA III

RHA III Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Da U P eh!
    That neck...

Yeah, I can't figure out how to PM you either.

bdplaid likes this.
  12. Sale pending

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Beautiful bass! So sorry to hear about your hand. Be well.

14. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

I’ll take it as well if sale falls through!

15. Session1969

Session1969 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I remember this bass from your amp rig reviews. The good ol' days of Talkbass.