Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Norm Stockton Workshop

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by daddyo, Jan 31, 2005.

1. daddyo

daddyo

Jun 9, 2004
    British Columbia
    I attended 8 hours of workshop time over 2 days with Norm at Breakforth in Edmonton this weekend and he is an incredibly inspiring bassist as well as a great educator and real nice guy. It's like hanging out with a buddy. I learned a lot. Anyone else attend one of his workshops?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I attended one of his clinics a couple of years ago. Awesome player, and very nice guy.

3. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Phenomenal workshops!

I agree completely - went to a 2 day with Norm - he only did 1 clinic but hung out all day - like a guy you've known forever!

His videos are amazing as well.....

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Great Guy, unfortunently the clinic was too short here at Low Down Sound, hope to catch him again for mor then an hour! He and Michael Dinmin were here at the same time both provided excellent clinics and were great guys.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I went to BF in 2003...missed the Bass Clinics though, had to fly out Sunday afternoon...wish I could have seen Norm this year, working on getting him down to Ontario for some clinics...

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have! He's great, and if you write him he'll answer your email every time.

I also have two of his videos, and they are great too.