1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

North Georgia Amp Repair

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick_no7, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Ok guys. I have 2 great Trace Ellliot heads that I love dearly, and have decided to give them the star treatment with my tax returns.

My AH250 just has a few minor things. Namely a jerry-rigged switched plugged into the footswitch area to bypass the non-functional buttons that change the EQ on/off.

My 350SMX has some more... serious problems at the moment. Namely fixing the SS/Tube blend pot, and finding out why its busting fuses.

Now, i know the best place to do this is the Illinois based British Audio Company, but I would be taking on alot of extra charges for the shipping and returning of these amps. You can see by my current expired Talkbass account that I do not have alot of money to just throw down the tubes like that at the moment. I know alot of you guys are around here in Georgia, where do you get your amps serviced at?

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    You may want to call Logical Audio in Tucker (near Stone Mtn) and see if working on a Trace is up their alley. I know I've had a GK head and a keyboard fixed there, and they seem to know what they are doing. 770-934-4887

3. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    I'll need to talk to a buddy of mine. He had a great guy that just moved to Texas but apparently knows of another guy who's quite good as well. Ironically his brother also lives in Cumming.

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    If you're willing to drive into town, there is no one better at amp repair than Jeff Bakos @ Bakos Amp Works on Ponce DeLeon Ave. I've been using him for almost 15 years or so...

PM me if you want more info.

Bakos Amp Works
    474 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    Phone: (404) 607-8426

5. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    I'll second Bakos. It's been quite some time since I've had to use him but yeah, he's the man. I'd actually forgotten about him and was trying to think of a guy towards your way.

6. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    I've heard these guys are pretty good. Not sure if they work on TE or not.
    http://www.wizardelectronics.com/
    Wizard Electronics Inc.
    ~ 1438 Tullie Road, N. E.
    ~ Atlanta Georgia 30329
    Phone: 404.325.4891 ~ Fax: 404.325.4175

I'm in no way affiliated with these guys.

7. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    Add one more for Bako's.

I hear Wizard takes forever.

8. thanks guys, I think i'll look up Bakos since that's been most reccomended

9. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    Wizard sucks! They take too long and charge too much.

10. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
  11. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    Thanks for the info. I've never personally used them only heard about them word of mouth. I'll make sure I send my stuff to Bako's if I ever need any repairs.

12. danomar

danomar

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta
    I work in Cumming!

"It's better to be in Cumming than going." :bag: