1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD (New Preamp Day)! D-TAR Solstice footage inside...

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mgcasella, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Around July 4th, Musician's Friend was offering a 15% sale and I was able to scrape enough together to buy a D-TAR Solstice! This arrived the next day, which is a nice bonus that comes from living 1.5 hours from the MF warehouse :D

I don't have an amp yet but the drummer I'm working with has a PA so this will suffice for now.

I also ordered a nice 15' balanced stereo instrument cable off eBay. It has Neutrik TRS connectors and Canare Star-Quad 4E6S microphone cable - as well as a lifetime warranty :ninja:

The only unfortunate thing right now is I'm still waiting on my TM Billy Special pickups. According to eBay, it should be here by this Friday and I'll make sure to put up a pic story for that.

Now - on to the unboxings!

Box.

Box-open.

DTAR-box.

DTARBox-open.

DTAR-Solstice.

And here's the cable...
    Envelope.

Envelope2.

Canare-Cable.

2. DMH2

DMH2

Feb 5, 2009
    Union City CA
    Sorry about the pickup delay, the manufacturer had a week long stomach bug.

3. Don't worry, I understand - these things happen :)

4. DMH2

DMH2

Feb 5, 2009
    Union City CA
    Thanks! I just don't want it reflecting badly on superior, they always take the blame whenever there's issues from me. Btw, I really want one of these preamps! I was going to buy one a few months back, but it got bought out from under me. Hope you enjoy!