Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NS replacement strings

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by kewleb, May 19, 2005.

1. kewleb

kewleb

May 18, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    Hello all

Does anybody out there know where I can order a replacement set of the NS D'Addario helicore strings for my NS CR4M over the web?

I say over the web, because I live in England and nobody seems to sell them over here. My current set have been on the bass since i bought it two years ago and sound a bit wooly now :) I don't want to be paying through the nose for traditional double bass strings!

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Have you tried the Bass Centre in London?

I must say, that although DB strings are expensive, they are certainly worth the money and sound so much better to my ears - especially the G string!! :)

3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    The Ned Steinberger web site has a "Dealers and distributors" page.
    England - UK gives:

ENGLAND - UNITED KINGDOM:

HOUSE MUSIC
    3 Tenter Ground
    Brune Street
    London
    E1 7NH
    Tel - 020 7377 9300
    Fax - 020 7377 2170

Contact - Barry Moorhouse, Nick Owen, Jez Asycough
    Email: sales@elites.co.uk

4. allthumbs

allthumbs

Dec 30, 2004
    South Devon, UK
    I've got a 2nd hand (but completely unused) set of the NS strings up for grabs. See the thread in items for sale or PM me if you're interested.

I guarantee a bargain price!!

5. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Give Gard at Bass Central a shout - he shipped them to me from the states for less than I could get them for in the UK. And they were here in less than a week.

http://www.basscentral.com/frame.html

6. kewleb

kewleb

May 18, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    Hey cat, thanks for the advice. spoke to KC at Basscentral and the strings are on their way, for a bargain price. Good lad! :hyper:

7. I string my CR5M with Thomastik Spirocore (Orchestra) Medium weight strings. I like the tone and feel of these better than the stock strings that came with the bass.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That is the Bass Centre in London!! :D