1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NXT and NXTA, anyway to tell the difference in appearance?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by jdh3000, Sep 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    I ordered what was advertised as a uses NXT4a. It didn't come with a charger, so I can only assume either they misrepresented the bass and it's older with a passive pickup or it's missing a charger.

I believe the charger of an NXTa plugs into the input jack so, that is no discernible indication.

If it is an NXTa, then I can just buy a charger, but I don't want to buy one if I don't know.

Thanks in advance!

2. Persona87

Persona87

Dec 4, 2012
    DFW, Texas
    The NXTa has a push-pull pot on the tone that changes between active and passive mode.

jdh3000 likes this.
  3. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Thank you so much! Yep, it's passive...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021