1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available NYC Sadowsky Modern 24 5 String Updated w/ trade interests

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassmanbrent, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Feeler!

This is my early 90's NYC modern 24-5 string. I'm the original owner. Specs are as follows:

Unchamberred ash body
    Flame maple top
    Maple neck w/ morado fingerboard
    EMG 40j pickups
    Original Sadowsky preamp
    VTC added a couple years ago
    Weight is 9lbs 8oz according to my wife's kitchen scale

This bass has been played and toured but is in really great shape for its age. Some headstock rash, player wear on the pickups and some tiny lacquer dents that I couldn't photograph. No case but I'll include a good quality gig bag.

$3500 USD shipped con US or Canada

Possible trade interest for an MTD 534 or Fodera. Pretty much has to be 34" scale w/ 24 frets, but hit me up. You never know...

I reserve the right to come to my senses at any time and remove the sale of this awesome bass :)

IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0215.JPG

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    Any trade interest?

3. I wasn't really looking for any trades, but shoot me a pm. You never know...

4. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh my goodness, that's pretty! What is the neck profile/width like? And does this have the VTC?

bassmanbrent likes this.
  5. Yes, it has the VTC. I added it a couple years ago. I'll get back to you about the neck width. Not sure how to describe the neck profile...

TheBear likes this.
  6. Kevan Campbell

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool, thanks for the heads-up about the VTC. I've heard that the older Sadowsky basses had a "fuller" neck profile, wasn't sure if this was similar. Do you happen to know if the nut width is 1 3/4" or 1.875"?

7. The neck feels pretty slim to me. I wouldn't call it 'full', but I don't have a newer one to compare it to :). I'm pretty sure the nut width would be considered 1 7/8". Actual measurement seems closer to 1 15/16" if you measure the width of the neck at the nut. Hope that helps...

TheBear likes this.
  8. Anybody have an MTD 534 they'd consider trading? Maybe a Fodera plus cash from my side?

9. jeremygreen

jeremygreen

Dec 24, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    My bass is nearly identical to this one, minus the maple cap, and my bass has an ebony fretboard. It's #1512. These early 90s Sadowskys will almost certainly go down as some of the very best ever built. They are sonic bulldozers. Best. B. Ever.

Buy it before he comes to his senses.

(A note about Foderas: I recently swapped out the stock EMGs in my Sadowsky with the Duncan NYC passive soapbars. Those are the pickups they make for Fodera. I'm not sold on the sound. It's definitely helped me realize that I probably wouldn't be happy with a Fodera. But that's just me. Foderas are amazing instruments. They're just very different. And I realize that there's more to a Fodera than just the pickups. But those matter a lot.)

bassmanbrent likes this.
  10. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    No. Way. Definitely thought that would never happen. Wow, Brent, that's a big change. . .

11. Hey Laurence! They're just tools. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself :)

kittywithabanjo and ialma like this.
  12. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    That's a beauty Brent

bassmanbrent likes this.
  13. Kevan Campbell

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This may be a bit ridiculous to ask after so long, but whatever happened with this bass?

14. madbass6

madbass6 Banned

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    actually that's a very good question!
    So what's the verdict , did you come to your sencess ?