1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

oboe, viola, and bass music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Cory Palmer, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Does anybody know of any music for this arrangement of instruments?

2. wathaet

wathaet

May 27, 2007
    Frank Proto has a duet "games of october" for oboe and bass. The oboe part is quite hard, but its a good piece.
    It was written for Paul Ellison. The piece was recorded by Paul around 2000 (I co-engineered it under Frank Proto)
    I do not know if it has been released yet.

Kjetil Laukholm
    www.ckrecording.com

3. zaghy

zaghy

Mar 1, 2003
    Serbia
    If you have two more buddies you can try Prokofiev's Quintet for oboe, clarinet, violin, viola & double bass.

IMO, it's hell of a piece :)

4. Wow thats quite the doozy of a trio, and I'm sorry that I cant help with any suggestions.

5. You could get creative and just transpose other trio works for the right instruments, that's always fun.

6. That sounds like a really interesting blend of sonic flavours.

As lloccmttocs suggests couldn't you just transpose some of your favourite pieces?
    I bet you'll get some nice tonalities that weren't originally intended.

At one point my group had viola and bassoon along with me on bass. admittedly the bassoon in its higher registers does sound different to the oboe, but it was a great group sound and I bet yours will be similar (we play my compositons only though)

7. Reuben

Reuben

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
  8. atrombs

atrombs

Mar 16, 2007
    New York, NY
    you coul probably work out a baroque trio sonata that's usually a good way to go

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021