1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ocean's 13

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Alex Spradling, Jun 14, 2007.

1. I just saw the film, it was alright, but there was some pretty good DB playing on the soundtrack, the dude's feel was great and his intonation was right on.

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Dave Carpenter is the bassist on the "Eleven" soundtrack - they probably kept him for the others.

I agree - very funky playing.

3. Ben Rolston

Ben Rolston Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I am almost positive that it was Bob Hurst. Right before Christmas I went to take a lesson with him (at the University of Michigan), and he said he was running off to record for the soundtrack the next day.

4. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Berlin
    I didn't notice much about the bass playing on the soundtrack, but they used this really bizarre and cool version of the tune "Caravan" at one point. They used Caravan in the first two films as well. I wonder what made them choose that chart in particular.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021