1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Octavius Squeezer - Reviews? Uk Supplier?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Whitey1980, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Whitey1980

Whitey1980

Feb 27, 2009
    I'm trying to find some info on the Octavius Squeezer. Is there a review page on this forum anywhere? All I can find is a few threads about it's release but as far as reviews and stuff go, all seems to have gone quiet.

Can anyone tell me how this thing tracks and if there are any suppliers in the uk?

2. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
  3. There's a second hand one going on Basschat.co.uk right now I think. Around £435.

4. Not anymore... :ninja:

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I believe the gist of the reviews is it is a GREAT effect but it has a couple of issues that can be fixed. I'm not the biggest fan of the sound so far but I haven't tried one first hand yet.

6. Whitey1980

Whitey1980

Feb 27, 2009
  7. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    All I can say is that the OS its hard to master, but you can achieve great things with it, also like all pedals it isn't for everyone

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I am totally convinced of its potential and I'd agree with everything above. Tracking is currently servicable, and work-around-able, but raises eyebrows due to the price. But I'm confident the tracking will improve, and the versatility is remarkable and the sound of every effect is excellent and the thing is in such a small box... It's going to be a winner and I'd stake my frankly non-existent reputation on it.

I love mine.

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    My very brief review:

Vast potential, currently a bit hard to work with but with some exciting updates already planned.

If I own one again, it will be after there is a way to share patches and better knob twiddlers than I have created cool sounds that I can download and tweak a bit for myself. As it stands, I was having trouble creating my own sounds and far from using it to its fullest.

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Right, it has potential- but i'm not putting down a good wad of money on something that has potential...I'll wait until the potential is put out :D

11. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Eh, I should clarify. It can ALREADY do amazing things. It's just too complicated for me, though it was hard to admit that.

I wish you could already share patches. A fellow gearhead in the area has already showed me some patches he's made that wouldn't have even thought were possible. When my Little Phatty shows up he wants to try making some presets for it.

I wish I'd known he was getting one before I sold mine. After I asked him he was able to get very close to a couple sounds I tried to get with mine: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (at ~ 55sec), Muther 'Uckers, and Eye.

12. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I want a Little Phatty :(

And a Korg M3... :ninja: Just the module!

13. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The Korg G5's literally got a preset for that and it works perfectly. Sawtooth octave down with the LPF set just so and you're good to go. The Squeezer doesn't quite track well enough to cop it yet. It was one of my first litmus-test sounds.

But I sold the G5 because it's enormous and that was the only sound (the "G-Funk" bass sound) I was using it for.

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    There is only one, as far as I know. I spoke to them shortly after NAMM and they said they'd be receiving more Squeezers at the start of March but they didn't know what the retail price would be because of the weak value of the pound. So expect to pay over £600. Perhaps significantly more.

I think right now would be a bad time to shop for one domestically. If you can find a used one elsewhere in the world, or a dealer willing to sell you one from outside the UK, that would be a much better idea. Then you'd be looking in the ballpark of £400 including VAT and import duty.

15. +1
    It took me several nights to understand how to use it properly. And even after 6 months it still surprises me (in a positive way). OS is fantastic pedal IMO. Tracking is not yet good enough but I hope updates will fix that.

16. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I got turned off by by the KISS carried too far interface. Seriously, two knobs? What was Chunk thinking? If a synth like device can be effectively controlled with two knobs and two foot swtiches then Bob Moog sure was a big idiot.