Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Official VISUAL G.A.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    o.k. I'm not an "official" for anything, but for fun I wanted to see if I could start another interesting thread.

Please post A HIRES PICTURE of your most urgent, highest, feverish source of G.A.S. (Gear Aquisition Syndrome). In other words, post a large picture of your next dream piece of equipment.

Here is mine for the moment...12" x 12" x 3.5", 750w into 2 ohms, 20 Lbs....

[​IMG]

2. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    I don't have hi res, but I want to have a shootout between these two cabs and take the winner home...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]
    Fender fretless J with ebony fretboard.
    [​IMG]
    Mesa Road Ready 2x15
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Carvin TS100 x 2
    OR
    [​IMG]
    Carvin HD900 x 1

and thats when i will die happy.

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Yanked from a local craigslist ad so best pic I had... white SVT... mm mmm mmmm
    [​IMG]

5. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I live in Europe and I can't find an easy and not so expensive way to get these over here... :(

6. [​IMG]

:D

I'm not gassing for any bass gear right now. Over the last couple of years I've realized that I've got pretty much my ultimate setup.... I'm sure I'll GAS for bass gear eventually there's just nothing that has me really hot and bothered right now. So I figure I'll feed my other expensive habit. :p

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    OK Marc, What the heck is that ? I'm an SJ 120 (Pro) guy (also Waterford and Litespeed) but I don't recognize that beast.

If you're seriously jonesing for an all mountain ride, even though it's an old design definately ride an SJ. That FSR rear end just plain works.

One of my riding budies an I swapped for half a ride last seasn. He go the SJ w/ XT I got his new Ellsworth Truth w/XTR. We both liked the SJ. 3200 vs 5K USD ...

Ah back to your regularly scheduled thread... I'm jonesing for an F2b to front end my GK. Dark Star P into one side 44-02 or Revernd PJ into the other. Sum out into comp/limiter and then to the GK for power and EQ. I got the hot's to try that out...
    [​IMG]

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    [​IMG]

Getting the money for one is bad enough but then you've gotta find someone willing to part with theirs :(.

9. That's an Intense Uzzi vpx. It's a VPP suspension design. 8" travel. It's more of a FR/DH bike than an all-mountain one. They actually pedal incredibly well for a big bike though, I rode one last year in Vegas and was stunned by how light and agile it was going up things. I was considering the Enduro SX-trail but our Specialized dealer is not so good with the prices. Plus with the Intense, I'm buying the frame and building with my own part spec. Boxxer Ride fork, Avid Juicy 7s, Truvativ cranks etc....
    :D

Anyhoo, sorry for the threadjack... Back to your regularly scheduled GAS. Now that I think about it, I'd like to check out the SA200 and the Berg IP cabs....

10. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carvin B1500 into a Avatar Kappa Pro 4x10 4ohms, 1250 watts into a 2000w handling cab, exited to feel the power!

11. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    ok ... i've already found my GAS gear upper...

to match with my SVT 74's

[​IMG]

To replace (or complete :rolleyes: ) my mesa 1516 for my mesa M2000 stack
    a 2x15
    [​IMG]

For small rehersal and club, i'll stick a light PA to my Line6 Bass POD Pro and and good rock tone wendge 2x10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  13. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I've had gas for one of those since they came out... By far the most visually impressive head I've ever laid eyes on. Not to mention their sound is considered a holy grail.

14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Have a whiff of this... :p

[​IMG]