Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RunEvilSquirrel, Nov 25, 2004.

1. RunEvilSquirrel

Jul 2, 2004
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Quite unappealing.
  4. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
  5. tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Lol i love the south park reference, but yeah, I totally agree.
  6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    ... no, no wait... the Pontiac Aztec of Basses.
  7. Fizzugly. Along with several other instruments, quite literally inspires me (and, I hope, others) to build something better to hopefully cancel out its effect on global aesthetics. Worst of all, for me, is the fact I'm stuffed from Thanksgiving- I could so easily vom already...
  8. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Looks like a wooden icepick to me.
  9. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Status abortion....
  10. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Man, if heath_the_great were here he would be defending it with his life and telling us that it was cool. And then he would tell us about his vomit green Kubicki. Again. I'm such a bitch. After saying that he might not come and see my band tonight. :meh:

He'll survive.
  11. funky plunky

funky plunky

Mar 18, 2004
    i dont think its not any uglier than any of these multi-thousand dollar custom basses everyone on TB is getting done at the moment. in fact, it doesnt really look much different...
  12. is'not bad... not good, but not bad.

i don't like the horns at all,they make the head of the bass look like a headcrab (half life 2, people!) or something when turned horns-down. Eww! The lack of a head is also disturbing on this bass, it looks like it deserves a headstock IMO. the topwood is pretty sweet, though!
  13. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I think that the only good thing it has going for it is the top. I must say I do enjoy that top.
  14. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    If it had a headstock I'd bid on it... :ninja:

15. PhunkyElephant

Oct 9, 2004
    I like it. It's not the "greatest bass ever" but not the worst either. Not like it's a Wish or anything...:smug:

And Bryan, by the Wish standard of ruining good wood... this bass is not a waste. :p
  16. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i don't dislike it. benavente on the other hand...
  17. Yes, it's ugly, but I've seen far worse...

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I kinda like it. It looks like a more angular Status. I'd pick a Status over it, though.

I certainly don't think it's bad enough to start a thread over. :eyebrow: But, then, I also think it's stupid to start threads of basses you don't like. If you need validation by knocking something down that someone else built, it's pathetic, IMNSHO.