Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OH, MY! Going to NYC tomorrow and...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Jul 20, 2005.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    ...i have a gig on the 21rst, so i checked out who will be at the 55 bar so i can go after my gig...
    Wayne Krantz ! with Keith Carlock on drums and who's on bass you say?

ANTHONY JACKSON !!!!

I am going to have to wear Depends... hope i can catch a set !

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Going with Big Bruce? ;) ;) :D :D

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Going with Big Sheena, bro!
    ;)

4. Man, you better catch a gig and take some pics for us!! :D

5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    +1

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Ahh... Bill Zappia going with?

7. I envy you man!!!

8. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Caught WK anf AJ, in NY to.
    Strap on, your in for a treat.
    Great stuff, AJ rules.

9. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Man there's always something happening in the Big Apple. Adrian I hope you catch those cats. There are no words for Anthony, he's a bad, bad man!!!

10. How did it go, Adrian?

11. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I haven't been to NYC very often. LAst time out I saw Mike Stern and Mike Pope at the 55 Bar. It was kind of cool because the way the interacted at the start was like they had never met. Of course they killed when they started playing together.

A friend of mine took a trip recently and saw Wayne Krantz. It wasn't AJ but someother bass player whose commented to my friend by saying, "This ain't music, its math man". :D We're thinking about getting T shirts amde up with that on them.

Can't wait to go to the 55 Bar again. I could go if I stop buying gear.

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, we finished out Sheena Easton show ( a free concert in Brooklyn with about 8,000 in attendance, i was told ) and i TRIED to rush the band, and finally we got on a train, speed walked a couple of miles and arrived at the 55 Bar only to find out they had closed the doors about 6 people earlier because they were full to capacity :mad: :crying: :( :help:
    we pleaded that we came all the way from VEGAS- and he assured us he would like to take our money ( the door guy ) but Fire Marshall Bill would not have it, so we were reduced to drooling idiots on the sidewalk waititng for someone to momentarily open the door so we could hear the BURNIN' inside. It was AJ alright, i could have cried, i think i did, actually.. then we found a place to eat and sadly came home, telling myself all the way " you were on a gig man, everything else is icing, deal with it "
    like the time I spent a week in the UK - played at Wembley Arena, and NEVER made it in to see London... BUMMER.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I used to hate when that happened. Either due to bad planning or what-have-ya, I had that happen on a few occasions... It's gets packed quick these days, no doubt.

...never caught AJ with them, Tim or Linc. Still amazing stuff they were doing.