Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh what the hell.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Oct 9, 2003.

1. I just over heard on a commercial that they are going to have yet ANOTHER Joe Millionsuck.

Except they are taking people from Europe.

I hate realty TV.:mad:

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Mee too. Vote with your finger and don't watch it. If enough of us do that, maybe it'll go away eventually.

3. You just heard that NOW? Jesus. Fox Providence has been showing those commercials for a while...

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I really don't get the whole "TV" thing. I get blank stares followed by offers for free TVs when I mention I don't have/want/need/watch TV.

Where do All y'all find the time to just sit and watch? I'd rather read, surf, practice, listen to music, etc.

This "Reality TV" stuff sounds like Pro Wrestling :rolleyes:

Turn the thing off and play some bass :bassist:

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yeah i've heard about it for a while now

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Oh right I get it because it's Joe Millionaire but you replaced aire with suck because it sucks, clever.

:oops:

7. Hey, what if the guys name is like Fernando or something ? Or Hose. They are screwed. I bet the old episodes in Mexico are like Senior Jose Millionare !!! ;)

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i saw that too. I started laughing as soon as i saw it. The sad thing is the girls who actualy are on the show who dont know that this guys a phony just like the last one. Where do they find these morons.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Now I get those same blanke stares when I tell people I don't have a TV, and don't want one. I LIKE not having TV. It's liberating, in it's own little way.

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    you can't be serious? Mate if that's true, then I'm speechless........

11. tv bugs me i watch it every once in awile not that much i watch movies sometimes

12. I only keep my TV around for Sega Genesis. GOLDEN AXE TO THE MAX!

13. There are only a few tv shows that I watch, and I forget to watch them half of the time anyways.

I hate when my parents get on me for "staring at the computer screen all day", when they stare at the tv screen all day :spit:

14. Don't like what you're watching? turn it off and become an anarchist:D

15. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Amen to that! I haven't watched TV for almost 8 years now, and it's great! I don't miss it at all. If I ever actually see it on a friends house, it shocks me to realize how bad it really is. Reality is not TV people. Read a book.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's just people wanting to be on TV. Hoping perhaps to be "discovered". I think they have been already though...as suckers!

17. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Kaz, your young mind needs to be molded into a sharp instrument! Reality TV such as "Joe Millionare" (Cool name by the way) is not good for the brain! If you must watch TV, choose stations or shows that actually TEACH you something. TLC, Discovery, History and the Science channel are great sources of knowledge!

The remote control is like "GOD", it has the power to change things!!

It's mind's like yours that will be our future!!
    Fill it with things that are useful, not with things that are useless!! ;)

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love the Simpsons. I also watch the Headbangers Ball if I'm around. The Ball doesn't require much as they only show about three videos in a two hour span. Just keep the mute button handy and sit there with your bass. I use my tv for movie rentals otherwise.

19. TV now days is flooded with so much crap I have just gotten sick of it!

The only shows I watch now (if I even feel like watching TV) are JAG, Simpsons, Married With Children, M.A.S.H. and E.R., otherwise, I won't watch it unless there is a decent movie on (rarely happens).

If I'm not watching TV then I'm either chillin with friends, playing bass, playing a computer game (which I rarely do for long periods of time anymore) or surfin TB!

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    What's that? Is it where people go on TV and buy homes, and we get to watch them close escrow???

;)