1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ohm Load issue solution??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SVTDOUBLEBUCK, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I have the B2R head, it puts out 350 watts at 4 ohms, I am running it through the 4 ohm svt-410hlf and the 8 ohm svt-210He, is this a problem? am I getting the full potential of the head? what ohms is this setup running at?? What can I do to get the full power, 2-4 ohm cabs? selling the 2x10 and just using the 4x10?? please help!

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    I believe that amp is 350W at 4 ohms. So it is not recommended to run a 4ohm cabinet in conjunction with an 8ohm cabinet (Both cabs together equal a 2.67 ohm load). You might notice the amp getting hot, or shutting down during use.

3. You are running at 2.6 ohms, better stop that before your amp blows up. It needs a minimum of 4, so two 8ohm cabs would be best. Or just use the 4x10, it's 4ohms, perfect.
    Download and run this to see what different combinations will do:
    http://www.duncanamps.com/technical/impedance.html

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to the above 2 posts. Either one 4 ohm cab, or two 8 ohm cabs. Nothing else.

5. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    You might also consider reading the manuals before mucking about with expensive pieces of equipent.

Seriously. Take 10 minutes out of your life and save yourself some serious heartache.

6. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    A recurrent +1

Ampeg B2R manual

7. Xyg

Xyg

Apr 17, 2009
    PDX
    Here's a handy guide for you:

SPEAKER COMBINATIONS/OHMS (4OHM Minimum):
    Two 16 ohm speakers = 8 ohms (OK)
    Two 8 ohm speakers = 4 ohms (OK)
    Three 8 ohm speakers = 2.66 ohms (NO)
    Four 8 ohm speakers = 2 ohms (NO)
    Two 4 ohm speakers = 2 ohms (NO)
    One 4 & one 8 ohm speaker = 2.66 ohms (NO)