1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Nov 20, 2010.

  1. IS there anyway you can run two 4ohm cabs, on a head that can only handle up to a 4ohm load. Is there something I can add to it to do this.
  2. billfitzmaurice

    billfitzmaurice Commercial User

    Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    They must be series wired, which is a PITA. Special cabling required.
  3. My scheroder cab has 310s and 212s. I would have know idea how to rewire it. are if it could be done
  4. Loves2Jam


    Nov 17, 2008
    just get a combo cuz then u dont gotta worry bout stuff like that
  5. That would be cool if I could find a combo with enough power to play some of the gigs we play out door. Are guitar player has to play as loud as he can on stage which I thinks stupid. Are PA is barely big enough. The combos Ive seen I cant afford right now.
  6. What do you think about the Scheroder 310212 cabs,can the 12s produce good lows.
  7. I built a series speaker cable that was pretty easy. You need to label it clearly, though. It has to be plugged in correctly or it won't work.

    The other downside is that you'll end up with an 8 ohm load, which will reduce the available wattage of your amp.

    I'm assuming that you're using a solid state head?
  8. anderbass


    Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  9. will33


    May 22, 2006
    You have to either buy or better yet, make, your own series cable. + to the + side of one cab, - to the - side of the other, jumper inbetween. It'll look like a single jack you plug in the back of the amp with a leg going to each cab. A pair of 4ohm cabs will then equal 8ohms. No way you can get 4ohms out of a pair of 4ohm loads.
  10. Marginal Tom

    Marginal Tom

    Apr 28, 2010
    O'Fallon, IL
    Buy another 4ohm amp and a signal splitter...
  11. Munjibunga

    Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

    May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes. You need one of these. It's a custom-built cable that connects the cabs in series. If you use it with two 4-ohm cabs, they will present an 8-ohm load to your amp. If your amp is designed for maximum power at four ohms, you'll get about half of that power out.


  12. Thats cool Thanks

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.