Oi, It's a comparison thread...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by strangemusic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. I apologize in advance, I know that there are a hundred thousand of these threads kicking around the boards.

I just noticed that a local shop's effects case was sporting a shiny new EH Q-Tron for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, I had no time to sit down and give it a try, but I thought I'd throw a comparison out for heck's sake, as I can't find much search material on the other, similar pedal I've been ogling, namely the Chunksystems Agent 00Funk.

Simply put, how does the Q-tron compare to something like the Agent? I'd love to pick up a Funk, but the price, converted to Canadian dollars, plus shipping, would be reasonably higher than that of the local Q. Advice?
  2. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I don't have any experience with the Agent, but I know that the Q-Tron is a sweet pedal. I really like EHX pedals. This one especially sounds awesome, and comes in a strong wooden case, which is a nice bonus.

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not anymore. EHX discontinued the wooden case in favor of a cardboard box which "gives" more in shipping. Believe it or not, the wooden cases were causing more damage to the pedals than people's feet.
  4. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    They discontinued the wood case for all of their pedals, or just the Q-Tron?

Graeme :bassist:
  5. Eh, what's this about discontinuing the case? I went to play the aforementioned Q-Tron today, and, in addition to sounding pretty damn good, it came in a wooden case. I haven't plunked down any cash yet though.... still thinking.