1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok! What is it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel406, May 2, 2015.

1. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0728.JPG Saw this at Sam Ash. Any ideas?

2. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    Fender Rascal

3. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Never mind--it's the Rascal--that's why it looked sort of familiar
    (i edited my original post--because after I posted it I saw while I was typing scourge answered)

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They sound great. If it was 4 inches longer, I would seriously consider buying one.

JakeyBran and zontar like this.
  5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly

Apr 17, 2015
    Ah yes, the Fender Rascal.

I like the 30" scale, and the Seymour Duncan lipsticks are sweet sounding, and the master volume is a push/pull, so when you're in the neck position, pull up the knob and you have the bridge pick up too! And with the neck/mid position, you have all three pickups on.

I really dig it and I want to get one sooner than later, but it's on the wish list.

It's MIM, and has a 9-1/2" radius and medium jumbo frets.

It's got a cool look, and the only thing I would do is put on a black pearloid pick guard on it.

6. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    I liked it, my only issue was that the neck sticks out as far as a 34 inch neck. This means the short scale doesn't do a lot, and you had to reposition your entire playing technique to accommodate for it. I would move my hand to play over the bridge pickup, but hit the bridge saddle instead. whoops.

ScarfFace likes this.
  7. stickynotes

stickynotes

Jun 19, 2013
    It makes no sense where they put the bridge. Even the guy in the video mentions that it is in the way. A lot depends on how the guitar hangs on you as to how far you have to reach. I went down to Alembic and played a Stanley Clarke model one day. It was very neck heavy and I was reaching to play in F like it was a long scale.

8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'd buy it if you could adjust the truss rod without removing the neck!