Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Okay, I'm confused

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by eh_train, Sep 21, 2004.

1. eh_train

eh_train Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Toronto
    Hi Paul/anyone!!!

The last 3 days when I've logged on, I've been getting the same "stale" postings, with no new postings evident.... In addition, a series of messages (e.g., "you are unable to post new messages", and "icons are off", etc...) suggests that I'm not really online - note I AM actually on the net, so that ISN'T the problem....
    I was finally able to get the new postings by using the "Jump to Forum" area -but I don't understand what has interfered with using the straightforward logon. Any ideas?? P.s., I hate to complain, but I've gotten used to browsing on Talkbass, and am missing it!!!!

Paul O'Connell
    (eh_train)

2. eh_train

eh_train Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Toronto
    Hi Smash

Unfortunately, the problem ISN'T resolved. When I try to enter through the "Forum Display" page, I get the same stale messages (now 4 days old), plus the following:

"You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    vB code is Off
    Smilies are Off
    code is Off
    HTML code is Off"

When I enter through the "Forum Jump" window, however, I get the current postings....
    Any ideas what's going on??

Thanks again,
    Paul

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Did you recently update your profile with a new email address? This happened to me a few months ago. If this is the case, there will be an admin email at your new email address, and you will need to click the link in it to reenable your account.

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry - I thought i had replied to this earlier but evidently I imagined it ;)

I suspect a corrupt login cookie. Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. Then go to
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/mycookies.php

Select all the checkboxes and hit 'delete' to clear your talkbass cookies. After that you'll have to log in again - let me know if this helps!

Paul