Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old PA Cab for Practice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaleyKD, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

Oct 19, 2010
    Anna, TX
    [​IMG]
    This used to be a 'monitor' wedge. I think it was originally made by Squier/Fender. It consisted of a driver and a horn piezo junk tweeter. The hole for the driver appears to be ~10.75".

Do you think I could drop a bass woofer in there, seal the tweeter hole and use it for a practice bass cab? I don't need it to sound awesome, just usable for band rehearsal.

Any other info you want? I can get inner volume, but it'll take a bit of time/math.

TIA,
    Kyle

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Sure. In fact, I've done that exact same thing. I've got a dual 10" monitor wedge (bought the bare cab for $10 a long time ago) with a couple of cheap bass speakers that I've used for those situations where I just needed something to make noise. It's not great but it works. Just don't expect a whole lot out of a setup like that. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. Register_To_Disable

4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

5. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

Oct 19, 2010
    Anna, TX
    Wow guys. That was the easiest question... ever!

6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

;) Sorry I couldn't make it harder :D Your expectations are not grand so it should do quite well.