1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Trade Old-style GK 800RB rack ears

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by spike42, Mar 16, 2016.

1. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Price:
    $1000000.00
    This may be a long shot but I wanted to put it out there and see if there's any interest.

I couldn't resist picking up a nice old GK 800RB yesterday from a local shop. Dated 4/87, it
    reminds me of "the one that got away" some years back. This one's got the original rack
    ears which seem to be a rare item, based on the number of threads about racking the old
    GKs. As you may know, on these original-style GKs, the rack ears comprise the entire side
    panel of the amp; they are not the screw-on ears found on later versions.

Frankly, I have no plans to rack this amp. While I can of course use it as-is, I prefer the clean
    look with handle. Thus, I would be willing to discuss trading with someone that has an old 800RB
    without ears. Would have to be in similar (excellent) condition and complete with handle. Please
    note that this a trade-only deal and the items are not otherwise for sale......I'm just looking for
    a TB'r with good feedback and an old 800RB they'd want to rack.

GK1. GK2. GK3.

2. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    If you haven't done anything, I have a mint one, we can just swap side panels? Find the handle, I'll cover that for you.

3. Wallace Schmidt

Wallace Schmidt

Oct 27, 2016
    Do you still got them??