Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLDIES RADIO!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by KPJ, Nov 10, 2004.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Where else (other than your own CD collection) can you hear some of the greatest bassists in pop music consecutively?

I am basically not a fan of current commercial radio with its programmed set lists and targeted demographics, but whenever I flip over to the local oldies station, I am guranteed to hear a great bassist playing a great bassline!

Just today I heard Duck Dunn, Jamerson, Carol Kaye, Macca, Jamerson again, all in a row. When I forget to bring my CD wallet to the car when rushing to get my daughter off to school and then to work, and can't bear to listen to the Howard Stern wannabe's, screaming talk radio guys or every station playing the same song at different times, I can usually hit the preset for the oldies station and groove...

2. Good for you. I find myself setting the dial to the old school R&B station here in Atlanta (102.5). It certainly makes metro-Atlanta traffic more bearable when you can hear Jamerson, Watts, White, East, Gorrie, etc all sometimes within an hour.