1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Online Walmart clip-on tuner purchase anecdote

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John Le Guyader, May 25, 2018.

1. John Le Guyader

John Le Guyader Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    So...I have my eye on a clip-on chromatic tuner for upright bass use and find that Walmart has the lowest price for the particular tuner I've had me eye one for $16.99 versus $19.99 for everyone else, and free shipping for instore pick-up. So I place the order and pick it up this afternoon at my local Walmart easy-peasy. When I open the box it has a receipt in it saying it cost $11...but I paid $16.99...***! So I call Walmart customer service to inquire, and with a straight face (as I image while the rep is talking to me) that it cost Walmart $11 but it has a sale price for 16.99...maybe they should not but their whole sale price as a receipt...

P.S. The box of the actual tuner has a sticker on it and shows it was supplied from Hal Leonard Corp...didn't know that was the going margins on tuners...

2. Markup seems about right. Maybe everyone else is just putting the screws to you.
    You probably saved three bucks because it came straight from the distributor and no one had to open the package, remove the wholesale tag, hang it on a shelf, yadda, yadda, yadda. :thumbsup:

OldDog52 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021