1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Amp From Europe

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stoop, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stoop

stoop

Jan 11, 2012
    Hey guys I am debating grabbing a Orange Terror 500 and I can only find it on thomann.de. Does it make a difference if I am in Canada ordering this from the EU? Will there be a voltage problem or will I need adaptors or does orange build it all universal?

2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
  3. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    From the manual:

"For countries or regions with a mains voltage of 115V or 120V, please switch the small mains selector to 115V or 120V and replace the fuse in the black pull out fuse tray, below the mains inlet, with the 120V version supplied.

For countries or regions with a mains voltage of 230V, please switch the small mains selector to 230V and replace the fuse in the black pull out fuse tray, below the mains inlet, with the 230V version supplied."

4. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    If the supplied fuse is lacking it should be labeled on the back. If not it should be in the manual. Pay attention to type (slow blow, standard, fast blow... dont pervert that. Doh! I guess I just did by mentioning it).

Slow blow often looks funny inside. Not a straight wire. Fat with a narrow part in the middle. Skinny spring shaped. Chubby spring with resistor. Not always tho. SB on the end is usually if not always slow low. Most mains fuses are slow. Still best to verify by p/n.

Read the numbers and look up on fuse mfgr web site.

Rule of thumb is...

Double mains voltage, half the fuse value, same watts.

Half the voltage double fuse value also same wattage.

P=IE where P is power in watts, I is current in amps and E is potential in volts.

5. bassmachine2112

bassmachine2112

Mar 23, 2008
    Hiho,switch voltage selector to your voltage and change fuse,good to go.
    Great amps by the way.

6. mancefine

mancefine

Jul 7, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
    A dealer won't do you much good if they aren't already in stock, Orange discontinued the TB heads.

7. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida