1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Crush Pix 100bxt combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by April Ethereal, May 13, 2011.

1. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    hey guys, I just took a risk and purchased an orange crush pix 100wt combo amp. (I say risk because I CANT FIND ANY REVIEWS ON IT, not that I think it may be cheap or bad!) I love the sound of orange amps and even smaller orange combos have impressed me, so I thought despite the lack of reviews Id be safe to trust the good ol orange name, Besides, sometimes heavy cabs and a head are alot to drag around to small toned down practices, so I might give them a break every now and then with this new combo =]

I wanted to know if anyone here owns or has played one and what your opinions are on it. I might just type up a nice review for anyone else who has been interested in this combo once I get it! Because if anyone out there is like me, youve probably been looking at this amp but not having the slightest idea of tone/quality/ ect. SO maybe I can help out!

Thanks guys, hope to hear something!

Jacob

2. cyclone21

cyclone21

Mar 12, 2010
    Richmond Va
    Please do a review!, I asked the same question days ago with no replies.

3. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    lol, ok, when it arrives I will make a very solid review and possibly a video demonstration to go along with it. I know how you feel, Ive been looking everywhere for info or reviews and there is nothing! But Ill make one! Ill send you a message once its reviewed
    :smug:

4. cyclone21

cyclone21

Mar 12, 2010
    Richmond Va
    that would be great , thanks

5. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    yep no problem!

6. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    Thanks slackerprince! Thats the first model of the crush combo series Im buying from (goes 25wt, 50wt, then 100wt) So since the smallest is getting nice reviews, hopefully the cr100bxt will impress me =] Thanks for your help!

Jacob

7. Flea4ever

Flea4ever

Dec 4, 2011
    Hi don't mean to bring up old reviews but I am really considering getting this amp should I go for it?

8. A shame that this thread didn't take off... Is there anyone who can write a review about this? Should I take it out the list?

9. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    I have the 50watt version and I'm not impressed by its performance. It's by no means light for its size. It's made of mdf that reminds me of Ikea furniture and it's just not a very well made product overall. The tone improved a bit by lining the inside of the cab part with foam, but that made me notice that something was rattling inside the amp. It turned out, that the transformer was attached with a casing that was too big, allowing it to rattle around when playing. So again a bit of foam in strategic places and now it works fine. I think there might be better choices for combos in the same price range.

10. tunewriter

tunewriter

Jul 26, 2012
    So I did get this 100 watt model. Have used it playing small clubs as a bass monitor only as it was input into the pa for house sound. I would rate it adequate. Needs to be set properly or it will 'fart' out. Great for rehersals but I'm moving on to more serious gear for gigging.

A

11. Mikey_B

Mikey_B

Mar 18, 2014
    I cant say anything about the 100 watter but ive had two 50 watts (one for practice and one for home) and I love mine. The built in tuner really helps and it can produce a lot of great tones. The only thing i dont like is the size and weight ( as stated above its pretty hefty) and it really doesnt have as much power as I would like (of course Im battling two 100 watt guitar stacks to be heard-plus your getting the 100 which should be significantly louder) I am fairly impressed by it personally.