1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ordered a Jag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by powellmacaque, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I finally broke down and bought myself a Jag this morning (thanks to all of you who fueled my GAS with that coupon code) along with a cheap PA system for my band's rehearsals.

First thing's first: I'll definitely be posting pictures soon. Mind you, I don't have a camera, just a phone, so they probably won't win any photography awards.

Second: I think I'll post a link like I did with my longhorn review to a youtube demo of the bass. Once again, I do not have pro gear... don't expect much.

Third: I'd really like to replace the pickguard. I got the Hot Rod Red bass, but I'm not really likin' the white (that could change when I see it up close). Any ideas on what to replace it with and where to get it? Photoshopped pics would help too :).

Now I just have to wait for it to get here... hmph.

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I'd get tort - with that matching headstock, red looks badass

3. Any pics? Pics would convince me haha.

4. Dubadays

Dubadays

Apr 4, 2009
    It's worth it. Trust me. I haven't made a single modification yet, and I find it to be a great bass. I have a little bit of mid and high-range balancing issues though, and there's the shielding problem, but it's still a great bass.

5. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    Black and red look good...or maybe black pearloid.

6. Yea I was thinking black and red. I was also thinking something like a pinstripe design (which I guess I could do myself).

7. I was thinking black until I saw one
    and it makes the Jag look kinda cheap to me (no offense to the TBer that own this)
    FenderJagBass009-1.

white pearl
    TheJag.

or even better aged pearl to match the block inlays on the neck

8. I do like the bridge cover, how hard would it be to install one on a jag?

Is that bass pinkish due to lighting? I do like darker pickguards better than lighter, but that white pearl isn't too shabby...