Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordering from Music 123

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jefft54, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Has anyone else experienced problems like this when dealing with Music 123. I ordered a Tribute L-2000 and a guitar stand from them over the 4th of July weekend and paid to have it shipped 2-day delivery so I would have it in time before leaving town. It should have arrived on Thursday but they shipped late and it ended up at the fed-ex store today. When I went to pick it up, the only thing that had been shipped was the guitar stand, NO BASS. Both my order status on-line and packing slip showed both items shipped. I spoke to customer service and it turns out m123 is moving to a new wharehouse. Guess where my bass is sitting? So now they will ship it sometime next week and I'll get it a week after that, so 2 day delivery turns into 2 weeks. So much for having a backup. Anyway, I've used 123 before and not had this problem. Are they slipping? They're starting to act like the other guys at MF.
    Thanks for letting me vent. I think I'll go have a beer now!

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    cancel the order and go to Bass Central for a good price and personal advice at any moment.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Good advice. Cancel

Rob

4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Well, if they're moving to a new warehouse, this is an anomaly. In your defense, they should have told you about the situation and not have stated the bass was shipped or even would have shipped within the timeframe specified. If I were you, I'd be looking for at least a refund on any shipping charges.

5. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Bass Central could be a good option also. Great guys over there.

6. They refunded the shipping after I called. Hardly the point!

7. Sorry, not yelling. I've checked out BC's website. Seems like a good place to do business. I will check to see if they have the L-2000. Thanks. I think I'll go have another beer.

8. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Samedaymusic.com has always been great for me.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I ordered from Mucus123 once. Won't ever do that again.

10. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've ordered from Bass Central a few times, always fast, always quality, and if anything is problematic, they will call you first.

With a large chain operation, its hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to accept that going in.

11. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I ordered my first bass and amp from music123. I didn't have any problems :-\. Must have just been a fluke.

12. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    mf is better than 123.. at least they really true to their 3 day ups select .. rather than 123 that take days to process the order before it got shipped .. :(

13. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    ive had all good with music123, all bad with MF

MF shipped me ****ty product, refused to refund, had to threaten a lawsuit untill they payed for it to be repaired by a local tech shop.

all for a 150$ bass : / they ended up paying me 175 for repairs

14. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    123 shipped me a lefty instead of a righty before.....but other than that, no serious problems

15. BasStefan

BasStefan Guest

do not ever order from InstrumentPro. its been over a month and i still dont have my geddy lee. they failed to tell me it was out of stock and on backorder... at least they gave me 50 bux off

16. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Never a problem with MF or 123. I did order a Presonus Firebox from MF and it ended up being on back order. They said it would take 3 weeks to get it but it came in early and I had it the next week.

17. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Ordered from music123 like 4-5 times, never EVER had a problem with them and i am from UK :)

18. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I've usually had good luck with Woodwind and Brasswind - though they share the same inventory as Music123 - but all the items were in stock. The moving to the new warehouse bit has got to suck. I would first see if the bass I wanted was available elsewhere, then cancel the order if I was able to find it.

19. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've always had great experiences with Music123.
    But I've had bad ones with MF and *insert any large online music store chain*.

You better be able to accept the fact that it's going to be hit-or-miss as they process hundreds or thousands of transactions a day and they ALL get shipped by UPS, FedEx, etc...

20. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Ditto; although I'm not from the UK. (Glad to see you're alright :) )

I won't order another bass offline, simply because most of the time when I look online, the prices are virtually the same or very close to that of my local guitar store. Notice I didn't say guitar center. Instead of paying for shipping, risking damage to the bass, the waiting period, and the increased chance of getting ripped off(i.e. da 'bay) I get my bass now, for virtually the same price. I also get to take it for a test drive, so to speak, and I establish good relations with the owners of the local store. Oh I'll occasionally order something offline, but when it comes to instruments, no way.