Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orgy anybody?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Viviuos, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Has anyone heard of Paige Haley from the band Orgy? If so what are your thoughts/fellings? He is my favorate bass player ever!!!! Mayhaps not the greates but in my mind he is a god. (I've told him that too, not that whole thing just the god part) I've meet the guy at one of his concerts and he was so totaly cool, and he's a nice guy.

2. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    HAHA Ahh the 80's, thats awsome. Even with the pic he is still cool.

3. i like him, he's not my favorite, but i really liked blue monday, that song has really influenced my taste for distortion! (of course their guitarists helped too ;) )

Charlie

4. I love Blue Monday - one of my fave songs and my fave cover ever. Orgy makes for good duff duff music too. Social Enemies especially.

Leigh

5. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    does anybody know how he gets his bass to sound like it does? espicially during the secret song on Vapor Trans after whare's garold? it sounds really synthy but i dont know what he is using.

6. i took my younger brother to an Orgy show i didn't know much about them at the time but i was impressed. it was also my brothers first mosh pit and he did great i'm so proud

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I really like the band, and thier latest, "Punk.Static.Paranoia." is definitely one of my favorite albums I've picked up this year.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Wow, I though I was going to have to be the one to make this comment.

I'm not a fan. Most because of the singer. I was to choke him with the mic chord he wraps around his neck.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Finely honed "death pop" as they called it. Some strong tracks on Vapor Transmissions, and some decent tracks on Candyass (Stitches comes to mind). I really like Fiction (Dreams in Digital), Opticon, and a couple others I can't remember...

I'll check out that Punk Statik Paranoia.

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah. That's my favorite song on that album.

One day, when I have money, I'll check it out, too.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You obviously haven't heard of the Internet.

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Knight jumps Queen!
    Bishop jumps Queen!
    Pawns jump Queen!

It's good to be the king.

13. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    Orgy was one of the first bands I really got into music back in 2000 (yeah, late bloomer). Thus Paige was on of the first bassists I ever really noticed and I loved watching him play...not because I thought he was great, but because I liked how he PERFORMED and how he would interact with the audience and how every time I saw them on the Vapor Transmission tour he always looked like he was having a blast (I do admit I found his wireless Janet Jackson mic amusing though!). It's safe to say he's one of the reasons I wanted to learn to play bass. The other being bass is often what you find yourself nodding your head to when you listen to a song. At least me anyway.

I've since moved on in my music tastes (Interpol is my new Orgy), but I still have a fondness for the band and Paige and I think there are some awesome songs on Candyass and Vapor Transmission. I'm not into the new album though.