Ovation Magnum I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smitkis, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Smitkis

Smitkis

Oct 26, 2011
    Just picked up a Ovation Magnum I this last week and am a rookie on this forum. Got a good deal, but it was missing the bridge pickup. The bass is in pretty decent shape for being one of the early 70's models. Every once in awhile you find a gem like this at goodwill. No kidding...goodwill!

The question is, does anyone have experience with these? I need to find a suitable replacement pickup or better yet, if someone in here just happens to have some vintage Ovation Bass parts laying around (yeah right!).

Hopefully someone has a good idea that may bring this back to life. I'm just happy the neck pickup is all there. That would be impossible to replace. It's gigantic with four separate volume pots for each string.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

photo5.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    photo6.jpg

2. virgindog

virgindog

Dec 11, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I know you posted this a couple years ago, but did you have any luck finding the pickup? I'm currently in need of three of the bridge saddles and hoping that you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

3. Smitkis

Smitkis

Oct 26, 2011
    I actually put in a lindy Fralin pickup in the bridge and it sounded awesome. I sold it a couple months ago though.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021