Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pa system

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass man evan, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    has anyone done anyhting with plging an bass thorugh a tune pedal, to an effect pedal, to a pa?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Depends on what the "effect pedal" is. Most won't send an adequate strength or a balanced signal to the board. Some, like a Sansamp bass driver DI pedal, Aphex bass exciter or Aphex punch factory compressor also serve as a DI to send a balanced signal to the board. Otherwise, a simple $20 DI after your tuner and effects pedal will suffice to send a signal to the board.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    when my guitarist left my head in a venue once after a gig and only realised when we were setting up for the next one. I plugged directly into our PA which worked fine. I was just using unbalanced cables no nothing in between. It worked out fine. That said I have a sterling so its output is going to be hotter than a passive instrument.

However if I was going to do this on a full time basis I would buy a decent DI box.