1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Parcel Force Rant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, May 10, 2006.

1. Got a slip through the door on friday from parcel force to have to pay £12.20 for VAT and £13.30 for "Parcel Force Clearance Fee's", which is annoying when its to a £65 parcel which has been bumped to costing £90, well, thats not the only niggling thing.
    I phoned up on the saturday to pay for this and it was set to be sent out on the monday, all's good.
    I phone up late on tuesday afternoon to find where it is, the guy on the other end confirms that is was meant to be out on the monday, and then asks if it will be ok to have it sent out on wednsday, yeah, thats all good . . .
    The van came past today, heard the van door opening, looked out to see the driver walk to the door and put the slip through the door saying ive missed the parcel and head back out to the van, i get to the door just as he's driven off.

Now thats surely just extracting the urine (seeing i cant swear) :mad:

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Parceforce are pretty damn rubbish matey.

3. Aye i know, but when a package comes through from the US it seems to default to them taking it, which sucks :(

4. Yeah I got done with all that recently too. Firstly, customs overdid the VAT, which means they probably overdid the Import duty too, and then theres the £13.50 handling charge :rolleyes: I was told by the attendant to take it up with parcelforce head office, who will apparently fix it for me, and they often even waver the handling charge as 'compensation'.

Marty

5. Shows you how much the "clearnace"/"handling" actually costs them doesnt it :mad:

6. Yeah, does a bit :confused: