1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Passive Vs. Active

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thejamesjordan, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Thejamesjordan

Thejamesjordan

Mar 2, 2006
    Hey Guys, I'm currently playing a Schecter 5 string diamond series. I love the sound, but the neck is getting warped and its time for me to start looking elsewhere. I play mostly rock covers (some originals).

Can you guys give me some perks of passive/ Active pickups? Also (I know taste has a lot to do with it), what are the best pickups?

Thanks,

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Adjust the trussrods in your bass, or have someone do it. Should be a very easy fix. As to the rest of your question, there are literally hundreds of threads discussing that topic. Seek and ye shall find. But seriously, whether you buy a new bass or not, get the one you have set up properly.

3. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Gotta get that bass set up correctly! Take it in, fifty bucks later, it should play great!

I have a hunch you put on some heavier strings and the neck is freaking out a bit.

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    +1

Necks on all basses will go outta whack over time/climate. Just a bit of adjustment should get it playing like right from the store (even better in most cases)

There is a whole forum on Pickups and Electronics here on TB. Enjoy!

BTW: Neither Active of Passive is better than the other...only personal preferences.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    In Soviet Russia, Active basses play you!!

Passive basses just sit there and whine until you play them..

:bag: