1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PayPal question. (Simple)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Baboo the Dog, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Can I use a "pre-load" credit card, like they sell at walmart or where have you, to make a paypal account?

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't think so. Paypal is primarily for bank account transfers not credit card transfers.

3. You need an actual credit card if you wish to enable 'instant payment'. Paypal will use its own funds for the payment, until the money withdraws from your chequings account. If you have NSF, they will charge the amount to your credit card.

You may use paypal under a guest account for a credit card payment though, and I assume the prepaid would work in this situation (but likely the vendor would accept the prepaid without going through paypal anyway)

4. I only use a credit card on paypal these days (or any other online source for that matter), from the paypal end it works exactly as it did when I used a debit card.

Not sure about pre-loaded, but don't see why not.

5. Paypal never ever uses its own money, they take your money and hang onto it for weeks before paying the other party out.

6. Thanks for the info, y'all. :)