Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paypal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Skeletomania, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    I just set up a paypal account to shop online. I never use paypal nor shop online. I was wondering how do you use paypal and what I should be cautious of.

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    This is a bass miscellany forum. In any event, the worst thing about Paypal is that they charge exorbitant fees.

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, it's a real scam. Now that eBay owns Paypal, they get to basically chage you twice. I would have made money on my last sale if it wasn't for eBay/Paypal's nearly 15% cut.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Why do you use it if you know it's a scam?

5. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Because there's no good alternative, especially since paypal has been integrated so thoroughly into the eBay payment system. Buyers insist on it because it's convenient, they want their stuff fast. The cut doesn't come out of their end, so they have no reason not to use it. I'm not interested in jacking up my shipping prices just to cover the fees, either. I think buyers see through that, anyway. I know the shipping price figures heavily into my max bid when I'm buying something.