1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Customer Service WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Jimmy Fitz, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Jimmy Fitz

Jimmy Fitz

Feb 15, 2008
    Missouri
    WOW!!! I am just about speechless. :hyper:
    I had a humidity issue with my Peavey Grind. The neck warped badly and the body split in the grain. I had left it sit on the guitar stand in my living room for a couple of months and didn't pick it up at all. Then one day I picked it up. Was I stuttering when I noticed it wouldn't play and it was cracked in the grain on the body.
    I called the Peavey guy at our local music store and he said for me to bring it down and let his tech take a look at it but it sounded like it was a humidity issue. I instead put it in the case and set it in my closet. I knew it was ruined. A week or so went by... finally something told me to call Peavey. I did. I called their tech support and talked to a guy named Steve. He is in Meridian, MS. I told him my story, and his reply was....pack it up and ship it to me, I'll ship you a new one.
    I shipped it to him last week, and today a brand new Peavey Grind showed up at my door! I am so happy! I got Axe!:bassist:
    I am really considering selling it because it is new and I could at least get top dollar that way. I'd like to get a little better guitar. I have always been a Peavey person so I'll probably stick to a Peavey but I am going to shop it for a while. I just had to pass this outstanding display of TRUE Customer Service along to others.

2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    This is not a bass story per se, but I do make my living as a bassist and play pedal steel as a sideline. I sent my 15 year old Nashville 400 down to be checked out, updated, etc., basically a blank check for whatever it needed. I got it back 8 days after I sent it, along with a bill for $41. They installed a new faceplate to replace one that was slightly bent, and made the amp sound better than new.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Talked to steve a couple of weeks ago. Very helpful and friendly guy.

4. Godfather

Godfather

Feb 4, 2001
    YES !!!!!....These guys are the bomb of Customer Service !!!!!!....Perhaps the BEST of any I have ever dealt with....They might be the biggest reason to take a gamble on buying used Peavey equipment, as they are VERY helpful in figuring out what needs to be done, what is available, etc......YEAH for PEAVEY CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!!!!!