1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Firebass 700 & 2X15 - Before and After With Pics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sammyfallen, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Picked this Rig up in pieces for $300.00 + Gas Via Lexington and Nashville Craigslist.

The Cab was loaded with Eminence deltalite 15's by the previous owner...

The gear works great but didn't match, which is a major pet peeve of mine.

Here is the before -

th_100_1153.gif

Here is the after -

th_100_1182.gif

I touched up all the nicks in the cabs tolex, made a new grill, took off the pointy Peavey logo, lined the cab (Which helped tremendously with controlling its "Boom", & added black corners and handles.

I'm VERY pleased with the rig so its going to become one of my main gigging amps, and a loaner I can lend to friends playing locally.

2. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    IMO those heads represent some of the finest work Peavey's ever done.

Nice job on the rework.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I agree that the result is better than the original. Enjoy!

4. I think my firebass is one of those heads that even if I move on to something "better", it will sit in my basement for ever.

5. DLEE

DLEE

May 24, 2006
    Mableton ,Ga.
    Nice! I've used my Firebass with a Fender 2-15 many times and it rocks. I'm using it now with a Schroeder 212L & 21012L and it is magnificent! Great price on your rig,you will never lack for volume with a Firebass!

6. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I think it looked better before.

7. May I ask why?

8. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I think that the Peavey logo and silver stripes are iconic but it's your rig so what ever makes you happy.

9. I agree, but, that style did not match the amp. If i had a mark IV or something similar id left the cosmetics alone...

10. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I mean, not gonna say "No you shouldn't do that," cause it's your cab. And with the internal work it probably sounds a lot better now, I just always have had a soft spot for the classic Peavey pointy logo and aluminum strips look.

11. I get ya, I was just curious. Thanks Though!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021