Peavey Foundation 5 Bass, need some input.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yegor P., Oct 14, 2011.

1. Yegor P.

Yegor P.

Jan 13, 2008
    Hello there everyone,

I wanted your input on something.

I have a BC Rich Warlock Bass (5 string NT) that I used to play. At the moment, it doesn't seem to get much action at all, as I have just been playing in rehearsals and more of playing as hobby than anything else. For that purpose, I much more preffer one of my Jackson Conert basses.

I have recently been offered to trade my BC Rich Warlock for a Peavey Foundation 5, made in 1992.

I did some research and found that people think that those Peavey basses are very good products. I do not have an opportunity to try the bass before hand, since the person lives very far from me (like a 12 hour drive), but I know that the guy is an honest person with a good reputation, through an acquantaince of mine.

So, I wanted some input - is Peavey Foudnation 5 from 1992 a good product. Do you think it will be better than my BC Rich 5NT (which is a decent bass with an ebony fretboard, but made in China)?

I am tempted, since it's a MIA bass, in white (I love that color), Peavey's good reputation, and since I don't use the BC Rich as I have outgrown it.

2. Kenova

Kenova

May 5, 2010
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Peavey all the way belive me!!!! Jazz bass on steroids, USA quality craftmanship, Neck to die for, bulit like a rock! Go for it!!! :bassist:

3. +1: swap immediately...

4. tk421

tk421

Mar 3, 2010
    middletown, oh
    jump, both feet, don't look.

i have a 93 foundy 4 that i bought new in 93, and would not sell for anything. it's j bass growl, on steroids, and it was $350 new. definitely the best bang for the buck bass ever, and they have stabilized in value.

5. Yegor P.

Yegor P.

Jan 13, 2008
    Thanks a lot guys!

I agreed to make the swap. I am sure it will be a good bass.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021